Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a classic Christmas cookie. They are full of rich chocolate and cinnamon flavor, with a delightful fudgy texture and delicious crunch on the outside that everyone will enjoy.
If you are looking for a delicious and festive Christmas cookie, these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies should definitely be top of your list this holiday season.
Not only do they taste delicious but they look so Christmassy, too! Actually, my kids think they are a “cool Christmas cookie” because all the little cracks on the top!
Perfect For a Cookie Swap or Gift
Looking for a gift for your neighbors? Pop these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies in some cellophane and wrap with a ribbon and a cute gift tag for a wonderful gift.
Of course they make great teacher and colleague gifts and they’ll be a hit at any cookie swap!
How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
In stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine all the dry ingredients, except for the flour.
Add in the oil, then turn to medium speed and incorporate the eggs and vanilla.
Turn to low speed and slowly add the flour until thoroughly combined. The dough will be sticky.
Refrigerate for 30 – 45 minutes to allow the dough to firm up, then using a cookie scoop, scoop out 24 balls. You may need to roll them in your hands to get perfect little balls.
Roll the cookie balls in the powdered sugar and cinnamon mix. The addition of a tiny bit of cinnamon is key here, and what makes these taste extra special! Then arrange the cookies on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
Bake and watch as they crinkle beautifully!
I do hope you’ll make them and enjoy eating them as much as I did!!
You’ll Also Like These Other Sweet Treats
- Secret Ingredient Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
- Best Ever Gingersnap Cookies
- Easy Peppermint Bark
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup of oil canola or vegetable
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar for rolling the cookies in mixed with a tiny pinch of cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F once you are ready to bake. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, instant coffee granules and ground cinnamon.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the oil. Whisk in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour bit by bit and using an electric mixer beat everything together till mixed. The dough will look sticky.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes till the dough is firm enough to be rolled into balls.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out little balls of dough.
- Roll the little balls in powdered sugar and cinnamon powder mix. Arrange on the prepped cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack once the cookies are cool enough to be handled and let the cookies cool down completely before serving.