Do you see awesome farmhouse signs all over the internet and wonder how to make them? I'm going to show you just how cheap and easy it is to make a DIY farmhouse sign. Mine's Christmas themed but obviously you can switch up the words to say anything!
By the way - I made this sign 2 months ago and never shared it with you! It was SO quick and easy to make and looked wonderful on the sideboard in my living room this past Christmas.
Would you believe me if I said you can make it in about 45 minutes?!
What You'll Need to Make the DIY Farmhouse Sign
- Plywood/MDF or another relatively thin board cut to the size you want your frame. ( I used a piece that was leftover from an appliance delivery - don't throw those out!!)
- Paint + a paintbrush/roller
- Wood for your frame (I used the quarter inch lattice boards from Lowe's)
- Wood Glue
- Miter Saw (I use this one)
- Silhouette Cameo with white vinyl
Directions For Making Your DIY Farmhouse Sign
- Cut the board to size
- Paint the background color. I chose Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal. Let it dry for 24 hours.
- Print out the phrase or words of your choice on the Silhouette vinyl. You can download my silhouette file here.
- Transfer the letters to the painted board.
- Cut 4 pieces of wood for the frame. Miter the edges at a 45 degree angle for a finished look.
- Stain the color of your choice or leave natural. Once dry, attach to the edges of the board with wood glue. Let dry for 6 - 8 hours.
You can hang your DIY Farmhouse Christmas Sign on the wall by attached a sawtooth hanger to the back or simply lean it against a wall like I did!
Now that you know how easy these farmhouse signs are to make using a Silhouette Cameo, you best dig ours out or purchase one asap! I know you'll be just as addicted as I am!
*affiliate links included for your convenience*