These gingersnap sandwich cookies are pretty much the best gingersnap you’ll ever eat! They are loaded with spices and have the perfect crunch outside and chewy inside. You’re going to love them!
Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies
These dairy-free Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies may just be my newest favorite holiday treat. And the awesome part? Since they are dairy-free, my son even gets to enjoy a sweet treat for once!
Made with molasses and lots of spices, these cookies are perfect for fall and the holidays beyond. I placed around with the ratio of spices for several batches until I got just the right blend. If I’m making gingersnaps, they better have that bit of ginger heat to them – and most recipes just don’t call for enough of it in my opinion!
The texture of these gingersnaps is perfect. Crispy and crunchy on the outside and yet still chewy in the middle. You can of course bake them for a little long if you want more of the “snap”. Honestly, I’ve been known to bake them both ways depending on my mood.
These cookies are really quick and easy to make and look how amazing they look right out of the oven! I love how the top crackles and all the sugar crystals get into the nooks and crannies.
While the cookies are perfectly delicious on their own, they are extra special with you fill them with a buttercream filling. There’s something about the sweet creaminess against the spices that really tastes like fall to me.
The kids will appreciate if you add some fall colored sprinkles to them. They look like ice-cream sandwiches, right?! But dare I say…they taste EVEN BETTER!
These didn’t last very long in my house. I sent some to work with my husband and apparently they were devoured within minutes. That’s always a good sign, right!?
The Best Gingersnap Cookies
The Best Ever Gingersnap Cookies
These gingersnap sandwich cookies are pretty much the best gingersnap you'll ever eat! They are loaded with spices and have the perfect crunch outside and chewy inside. You're going to love them!
Ingredients for the Cookies
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for dipping/decoration
Ingredients for the Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter You can also use dairy-free butter
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk dairy-free milk works, too!
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in white sugar before placing 2 inches apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly press down each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 9 minutes in preheated oven. Cool on wire racks.
- Fill with frosting and sandwich together.
For the Buttercream Frosting
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until a smooth frosting is achieved.
- Begin with the 2 cups of sugar, and add more sugar as needed to get the consistency you like.
- You may also alter the amount of milk as needed.