Are you hosting a BBQ this labor day weekend? Today I'm sharing with you a quick and delicious appetizer that is sure to delight your guests. It can be prepared and semi-cooked ahead of time, so when your guests arrive all you have to do is quickly pop them on the grill and they are ready to go!
You Will Need:
- Chicken Breasts (1 large breast per skewer)
- Can of pineapple in juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut chicken into large cubes and marinade for an hour in pineapple juice.
- Either pan fry or put chicken in the oven. Season with salt and pepper. Cook to the point where there's just a tiny bit of pink still inside.
- Place chicken and pineapple on skewers, alternating.
- When you're ready to serve, pop the skewers on the grill for a couple of minutes to finally cook through (or put them in the oven).
I like to serve my skewers on a bed of rice pilaf. They are also really great with a BBQ dipping sauce (just add some leftover pineapple juice to your favorite bbq sauce!)
What have you planned for the long weekend? Do you have a go-to appetizer, dessert or entree that you always make? Share all the details in the comments!