I had to share these adorable Rice Krispie Treats Hearts (try saying that that 5 times quickly!) that I whipped up the other day.
These are a perfect sweet treat for a little Valentine’s Day party or to send to school with the kiddos. Plus, they are cute, colorful and delicious to boot! Oh, and they are really quick and easy to make which is always a bonus!
- Rice Krispies – 1 box, about 6 Cups
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Mini Marshmallows – 1 package
- Pink candy Melts – about a cup, melted as per package instructions
Instructions for Making the Rice Krispies Treats Valentine’s Hearts:
Heat the butter in a large microwave proof bowl along with the marshamallows for a minute. Stir, and put it back and microwave in increments of 30 seconds till fully melted. Fold in the Rice Krispies and mix together.
Spread out the rice Krispies mix on the prepped cookie sheets. Using the heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts while the mix is still slightly warm.
Let the Rice Krispies hearts set while you melt the candy melts according to package instructions.
Using a lollipop stick, you can skewer each heart to make for easy dipping, or use a spoon or spatula to drizzle the pink frosting over each heart.
Get creative – maybe half dip some hearts, drizzle others and completely cover a few!
Add Valentine’s sprinkles for the final touch.
While these treats taste best immediately, they will also keep nicely in an air tight container at room temperature for a few days. You may want to separate each heart with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Since I’ve already eaten the first batch, I’m off to make a second. I hope you’ll join me :-)
Rice Krispie Treats Valentine's Hearts
- Rice Krispies - 1 box about 6 Cups
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Mini Marshmallows - 1 package
- Pink candy Melts - about a cup melted as per package instructions
- Line two medium cookie sheets with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Grease a heart shaped cookie cutter with oil and keep aside
- Heat the butter in a large microwave proof bowl along with the marshmallows for a minute.
- Stir, and put it back and microwave in increments of 30 seconds till fully melted.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies and mix.
- Spread out the rice Krispies mix on the prepped cookie sheets.
- Using the heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts while the mix is still slightly warm.
- Let the Rice Krispies hearts set while you melt the candy melts according to package instructions.
- Once the Rice Krispies Hearts set, dip the hearts in the candy melt or slather some on the hearts.
- Shake off excess Add sprinkles. Let the candy melt set. Serve. Better if consumed immediately.
Store in an air-tight container at room temperature. Separate hearts with a layer of parchment paper to prevent sticking.