No Churn S’mores Ice Cream is your favorite childhood summer treat in frozen form! With a delicious vanilla ice cream base, mini marshmallows and toasted marshmallow plus crumbled Graham Crackers and chocolate chips, what’s not to love?
I’ve been on a no-churn ice cream kick lately and this S’mores version is my latest concoction.
Since getting our gas fire pit last summer, my kids love to spend the evenings out there making s’mores over the fire, but some nights it’s just too hot to have that thing on!
So that’s where this delicious frozen treat comes in. It’s everything you love about s’mores but in ice cream form!
The best part is how incredibly easy it is. You don’t need a machine and you only need a few ingredients and about 10 minutes to make it. Then you can impress everyone with your fancy homemade ice cream.
That’s really not fancy at all, but tastes it!
The first time I made no-churn ice cream was last year, and it has been quite the revelation for me! I recently made a coffee version that was a huge hit, but this s’mores one might just rival it!
other recipes you may like
The base of any no-churn ice cream is simply whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. Then you add in whatever flavor combinations you want. There’s really no way to mess it up. Just make sure the cream is whipped stiffer than you would usually whip it and then just fold everything else in to ensure it stays light and creamy.
You cannot substitute the sweetened condensed milk, though. That’s a critical part of the recipe to get both the required sweetness and creamy texture.
You can play around with the textures in this s’mores ice cream. I like to crush my Graham Crackers up a little finer to mix into the ice cream mix and then a little bigger on top. I also prefer mini morsels to regular chocolate chips just because they can be hard on your teeth when frozen. But that’s just a personal preference!
Finally, I highly recommend making this in a metal loaf pan as opposed to a glass or plastic container. The metal retains the cold really well so when you take it out of the freezer, it doesn’t just instantly melt.
I’m excited for you to try this recipe this summer! I hope your kiddos will enjoy it as much as mine do!
No Churn S’mores Ice Cream
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz (396g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup crumbled Graham Crackers (roughly crumbled, not tiny crumbs)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I prefer the mini morsels)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 – 6 large marshmallows
- Cut the large marshmallows in half. Put the marshmallows on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place under a broiler for approximately one minute until the tops brown. Remove from broiler and allow to cool.
- Add the heavy cream to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the speed to low and slowly pour in the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Turn the speed back up to medium and beat until thickened.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently fold in the Graham Cracker pieces, chocolate chips leaving some aside to sprinkle on top at the end. Gently fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container. Place the toasted marshmallows on top, toasted side up. Sprinkle with remaining Graham Crackers and chocolate chips.
Let’s Kick Off The Summer With More S’ores Desserts!
My Favorite Recipe for Marshmallow S’mores – My 100 Year Old Home
S’mores Bar Ideas Perfect for Summer – Twelve on Main
Outdoor Fireplace – S’more Time! – Dreaming of Homemaking
No Churn S’Mores Ice Cream – Jenna Kate at Home
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe – Happy Happy Nester
A Grown Up Version of S’mores for the 4th of July – Most Lovely Things
S’mores Dessert Charcuterie Board – Modern Glam