Happy Wednesday! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day. We had a nice relaxing weekend grilling with friends. It was exactly what I needed!
Today I want to share my (in progress) nursery mood board. It's in progress mostly because I haven't decided on accent colors yet - and won't until we know the gender of the baby. We won't have that information until early July so I'm keeping it simple and neutral for now.
As of now, the nursery will be located in what is currently our office. It's a small room perfectly sized for a baby. That way we still have a decent sized guest room and we can just relocate the office upstairs to the bonus room up there.
Everything is centered around the baby animal prints, which may just be the cutest things I've ever seen. I want to keep the color scheme light and bright but like I mentioned, I will accent with some pops of color, probably in the toys, storage bins and maybe a cushion on the rocker.
Speaking of rockers if you know of a cheap wing-backed option let me know. Those things are EXPENSIVE! Every one that I've found so far as been close to the $1,000 mark which seems pretty absurd to me.
We are hoping to have the nursery completed by the end of the summer. Once I return to school in September (at which point I'll be in my third trimester) I know I will have no energy for decorating. Having the summer off should give me plenty of time to get my to-do list accomplished.
Let me break down each of the above items for you (no affiliate links!):
1. Little Darlings Prints - like I previously mentioned, probably the cutest prints out there. I like them because the colors are neutral. But also, they're not SUPER babyish. They will transition well to a toddler room.
2. Oeuf Sparrow Crib - I love the modern look of this crib. However, I don't love the $760 price tag. I'm on the hunt for something with a similar aesthetic but at a more affordable price.
3. Pottery Barn Kids Wingback Rocker - This is my DREAM rocker. It's super comfortable and supportive. Again, not a fan of the price. I'm considering buying a regular wingback chair and just adding rocking chair runners.
4. Fluffy rug - Nice and soft underfoot! I'll probably get one on sale at rugs usa.
5. PlanToys Lacing Sheep - Continuing the animal theme, I love this little guy!
So there you have it! These are my current nursery plans. Nothing is set in stone but it feels good to have some direction to work with.
I'm sure I haven't fully thought through this room. Am I missing anything major that you would consider essential? Have any tips on where to find cheaper versions of my dream items? Let me know!