Is peppermint bark your favorite Christmas treat? My simple peppermint bark recipe takes only 5 minutes of hands-on time and tastes even better than the store bought versions! Plus, it makes a great homemade holiday gift!
My absolute favorite holiday treat is Peppermint Bark. I love chocolate peppermint everything at this time of year, but Peppermint Bark is particular has a soft soft in my heart. (P.S. Read to the bottom to see what other delicious holiday treats my friends are sharing today!)
However, all bark is not created equal. The quality of the chocolate plays a huge role is how good this Christmas treat is (I always use Ghiradelli baking bars) and the majority of them are not very good in my opinion.
I do enjoy the Williams Sonoma version but I’m not gonna lie – mine is better, costs a fraction of the price and makes for a really great homemade gift!
I pop my homemade peppermint bark into cute glass jars from Michaels (I stock up on them every year!) and gift them to all my neighbors and my son’s teacher.
They always tell me how amazing it tastes so I know I’m not floating my own boat.
The best part? This peppermint bark recipe takes only 5 minutes of hands-on time plus a few more minutes to harden in the fridge.
It’s so ridiculously simple that I’m amazed that more people don’t make it! But now you know the secret, you’ll be making it every year, too!
P.S. Want more video content? Be sure to follow me on YouTube!
Peppermint Bark Recipe
Homemade Peppermint Bark
- 2 Ghiradelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 2 Ghiradelli White Chocolate Baking Bar
- Crushed candy canes
- Peppermint Extract (optional)
- Line a baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment paper or plastic wrap. (Parchment paper is actually better to use but I had run out!)
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate. You can use a double boiler or melt in the microwave. If using the microwave method, put it on for 1 minute, then stir. Then continue to microwave 30 seconds at a time, stopping to stir each time until the chocolate is melted.
- Optional: To add a bit more peppermint flavor, mix a few drops of peppermint extract into the melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate on the baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle a few candy canes.
- Refrigerate the chocolate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate.
- Spread the white chocolate over the hardened semi-sweet chocolate. Sprinkle with lots of crushed candy canes.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
- Remove from baking sheet and cut into pieces.
- Store in festive glass treat jars or cellophane bags.
More Delicious Holiday Treat Ideas
Today, I’m joining my friends for the Tastes of the Holidays series to share some delicious treats with you. There’s so much yumminess here for you to drool over!