These pumpkin spice donuts are deliciously moist with a wonderfully soft cake-like texture. Filled with all your favorite fall spices and dusted with cinnamon sugar, they are the perfect autumn treat.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
I’ve been working on this recipe for a few weeks and it has quickly turned into one of my all-time favorites. These donuts (or doughnuts if we are using correct spellings!) are not only super quick to make but are a fun twist on using canned pumpkin and spices in something other than pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread or even my favorite whoopie pies.
These baked donuts are so light and fluffy that it’s hard to stop at eating just one. And while they are delicious alone, when rolled in cinnamon sugar they become next level!
Looking For More Fall Recipes?
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Puff Pastry Apple Pie
- Farmhouse Blackberry & Apple Pie
- Traditional Irish Stew
- Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake
If you don’t have a donut pan already, I highly recommend purchasing one. It’s a great pan to own since you can make so many different types of donuts (these chocolate paleo ones are another favorite of mine).
If you’re anything like me and stock up on a million cans of pumpkin puree once September hits, you probably already have everything you need to make these!
They store well at room temperature, just don’t wrap them tightly or they will get soggy because of the addition of the vegetable oil. I recommend making a batch of the cinnamon sugar and dusting the donuts right before you eat them, otherwise it tends to sink into them. You can of course do what I like to do and dust them when they are warm and again before serving. Double the cinnamon sugar goodness!
Pumpkin Spice Donut Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice or cloves
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar or extra fine, depending on your preference
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your donut pans.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, and salt until smooth.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder together and mix together.
- Add the flour to the wet mixture, mixing on the lowest setting until just smooth. It's important not to overmix here or you'll end up with tough donuts.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag. If you don't have a piping bag, spoon it into a large ziploc bag and snip one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into the donut pan, filling just barely to the top of each well.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon sugar. Pour 1 cup of granulated (or extra fine) sugar into a bag. Add the cinnamon. Shake to combine.
- Remove the donuts from the oven. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dip in cinnamon sugar while still warm and serve immediately. Or store at room temperature and dip in the cinnamon sugar before serving.
My friends are sharing more delicious pumpkin inspired recipes today! I know you’re going to love each and every one of them!Delicious Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake by Ella Claire & Co. | Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll Hack by Craftberry Bush | Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal by Tidy Mom | Moist Pumpkin Bread by Happy Happy NesterPumpkin Cake by Julie Blanner | Pumpkin Streusel Muffins by French Country Cottage | Gluten/Dairy Free Pumpkin Thumbprint Cookies by Zevy Joy | Pumpkin Smoothie by Town and Country LivingPumpkin Pull Apart Bread by Inspired by Charm | Pumpkin Cookie Butter S’mores by Nest of Posies | Best Pumpkin Pie by anderson + grant | Pumpkin Bruschetta by My Sweet SavannahBaked Pumpkin Spice Donuts by Jenna Kate at Home | Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl by Tidbits | Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins by My 100 Year Old Home |Keto Pumpkin Muffins by Summer AdamsPumpkin Cupcake Mason Jar Triffles by Home Made Lovely | Favorite pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake by Handmade Farmhouse | Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips by Boxwood Avenue | Pumpkin Lasagna by The Chronicles of Home