This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InspiredHome #CollectiveBias
What’s the number one reason people DIY? In my case it’s almost always to save money. In most cases if you do some research and have the right materials on hand, your DIY attempt will succeed. However, there is one situation that I never recommend you DIY – in fact I recommend you #DDIY (don’t do it yourself!) – and that is when it comes to new carpet and floors.
The reason I’m telling you all this is because Brian and I are currently deciding whether or not to replace the old laminate floor in the kitchen as well as the carpet upstairs in our bedroom and bonus room.
More importantly, since the baby’s nursery is now where our guest room used to be, and the guest room is now where the office was, we currently do not have an office space. My grand plan is to create an office nook in the bonus room upstairs. And new carpet is part of that plan :-)
Here’s an idea of what I’m looking to do:
The design is centered around the beautiful new (very affordable!) carpet. The color is called “grain” and the whole room is centered around this beautiful warm, neutral taupe with a hint of gray. I love it!
Whether it’s installing carpet or hardwood, you don’t want to screw around with something that you’re going to spend a lot of money on. Especially since you’re going to have to look at every day for a long time! That’s why it’s so important NOT to DIY this!
Why go to Carpet One? Because they specialize in flooring. That’s what they do. They are the experts, the professionals!
1. You want an expert who really knows what they are doing. They know what underlayment you need, what type of flooring will work for your space and know how that product will wear over time.
2. Installing your flooring product incorrectly could compromise the appearance and integrity of the product. You’ll have no comeback on this either. However if you it professionally installed you’re guaranteed not only to have the job done correctly and not waste money by throwing out materials that you’ve damaged.
Quality installation makes a world of difference in the appearance of your flooring. An installation done right can make budget-friendly flooring look high-end, but conversely, a second-rate installation can leave even the best flooring with obvious seams, lumps, bumps and other issues. It’s important to remember that mistakes made during installation can comprise the appearance, functionality and lifespan of your flooring.
2. Have you ever tried ripping up a carpet? I have and let me tell you it’s no walk in the park. You will be pulling out staples for days, and days….and DAYS! This is a task that I am definitely willing to pay for just for the sake of saving my hand from turning into a permanent claw.
3. When I say hire a professional I mean through a specialty store. You don’t want to deal with a big box home improvement store. They neither have a large enough selection nor do they have sales consultants with enough expertise to really help you. You want to stick with a specialty flooring store. So why not support your locally owned Carpet One store that has a vast selection as well as exclusive brands.
4. Carpet One offers exceptional warranties and guarantees. I was really impressed with their “Beautiful Guarantee”. If you’re not happy with how your floors looks once it’s installed (for instance, the color doesn’t work in your home) they will replace the entire floor FOR FREE including installation! How about that for 100% satisfaction guaranteed?! This really gives me the confidence to know that if my floor isn’t as beautiful as I had envisioned that I don’t have to worry.
5. Getting your rooms measured by a professional will save you money in the long run. You won’t purchase too much material that you may not be able to return OR you won’t buy too little and have to run back to the store again.
6. Carpet One has one contact person for your entire experience. My sales consultant was Pam and she was ah-maz-ing. Not only did Pam help me pick out both carpet and wood floors that were within my measly budget (both under $1.20 a sq ft!) but she didn’t pressure me into buying anything else I didn’t need. Pam was also the person who came to my home to do the free in-home measurement AND had a quote to me within 24 hours. Pam will be my contact person throughout the entire process which is very reassuring!Pam taking measurements in the “before” spaces
7. Have allergies or little ones? Carpet One exclusively offers Healthier Living Installation. Their cleaner, healthier installation practices help to minimize irritants, dust and odors to encourage better air quality in your home. This installation process is anti-microbial, hypoallergenic and simply, cleaner.
8. Next day installation on thousands of in-stock carpets and floors. Enough said!
9. Want to get a custom area rug or runner? Each Carpet One store as an in-house warehouse where they can bind runners or area rugs for you from carpet remnants.
10. Sometimes it’s just plain easier and quicker in the long run to hire out :-)
If you’re looking to install some new floors now is the perfect time! Carpet One is currently running a #DDIY sale until 4/16. The sale offers up to 50% off Lee’s carpets and up to a $500 instant rebate (10% off) on select hardwood, tile, laminate, LVT and more!