A quick and easy breakfast using Quaker Instant Oatmeal
- 5 packets of Quaker Instant Oatmeal equivalent of 2 cups - any oatmeal will work
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce or mashed banana I used applesauce
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup Grade A
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or melted butter
- Optional for batter: nuts finely chopped fruit, chocolate chips
- Toppings: Fruit nuts, chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard cupcake pan with 9 cupcake liners.
Combine oatmeal and other dry ingredients in a bowl (including nuts or chocolate chips if you're using them)
In a separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, banana/applesauce, egg, melted coconut oil and vanilla
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, leaving some space for each cake to rise.
Place any toppings of nuts, fruit or chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and wet ingredients are fully absorbed.
These can be stored in the refrigerator. Eat warm, chilled or at room temperature.