Looking for a simple but elegant holiday appetizer? These roast beef crostini with horseradish cream sauce are easy to make and pair perfectly with a glass of red wine!
My husband loves roast beef anything. Roast beef sandwiches, a full-on roast beef dinner on a Sunday and now, these Roast Beef Crostini have become his favorite party appetizer.
And who am I to complain. They are quick to whip up and look pretty elegant if I do say so myself!
I use really high quality roast beef from the WholeFoods deli counter, but you can use whatever brand you prefer. If you’re feeling really energetic, you could even roast up your own tenderloin and serve that. But I ain’t got time for that, so pre-cut roast beef from the deli is the way I go.
I actually made the horseradish cream sauce 3 different times before I got it exactly how I wanted it. We like it with a good kick of horseradish, so feel free to dial that down if it’s too much for you. And while I’m making these as crostini, you could equally use crackers or a store-bought crisp bread.
I’m excited to add these crostini to your holiday appetizer rotation alongside my other favorite, Cheesy Butternut Squash Bites. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s are big appetizer days in our house, so these will be a must!
If you’re a wine drinker, you’ll probably already know that red meat pairs really well with beef – and these are no exception!
So go on – kick back and relax on the weekend with a delicious cabernet, a good movie and some of these delicious roast beef crostini!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @jennakateathome on Instagram
and rate it in the recipe card below!
Roast Beef Crostini with Horseradish Cream
- 1 baguette
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 ⅓ tablespoons prepared horseradish
- ¼ pound roast beef, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
To Make The Crostini
- Slice the baguette into ½ inch ovals by cutting at an angle (on the bias)
- Rub each slice with the garlic clove, then lightly brush with olive oil.
- Place under the broiler until golden brown then turn and broil the other side.
To Make The Horseradish Cream
- Using a fork, combine the cream cheese, horseradish cream, salt and pepper. Alternatively, use an electric whisk or stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Assemble the Crostini
- Spread a dollop of the horseradish cream on each crostini. Fold half a slice of roast beef on top of each.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley to garnish.
- Serve immediately.
other recipes you may like
*Posts on JennaKatetatHome.com may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure HERE*