Baby Boy turns 3 months on Sunday! Can you believe it? Life around here has changed dramatically. And all for the better. I adore staying at home and playing with him while he squeals with delight. No sound has ever brought such joy to me!
Before the Little Man arrived, I was naive to think that being a stay-at-home-mom would mean PLENTY of time for blogging and projects. This is not the case. While he sleeps soundly through the night (12 hours!!) he doesn't nap for more than an hour at a time during the day so getting ANYTHING accomplished is a challenge.
Case in point is the nursery. It has been at a state of 98% completion since the day before I went into labor. Brian and I had planned on finishing it that weekend, but for obvious reasons that never happened. FINALLY (13 weeks later!) I've gotten around to the finishing touches and I'm delighted to be able to share it with you!
Let's quickly recall what the nursery (then guest room) looked like before the summer:
This was the mood board I created as inspiration:
We cleared it all out, painted all the doors and trim white and added a rug.
Then the real makeover got under way....
I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves. A full source list is located at the bottom of the post and I'll be back over the next few weeks with details on each of the DIY projects.
Nursery Changing Station
Baby Animal Nursery Crib Mobile
Rustic Floating Book Shelves
Baby Boy Nursery Closet Organization
And that's it! What do you think? It's officially my favorite room in the house now. I love how bright and airy it is...and fun :-)
Shop this baby boy nursery decor below!
This source list contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission, but it won’t cost you any more. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Walls: "Natural Gray" by Behr
- Glider: Dorel Living Baby Relax Swivel Glider in Dark Taupe (A bargain at $295 and it looks just as good as Pottery Barn gliders!)
- Glider Pillow: Etsy (The Bluebird Shop)
- Rug: Rugs USA
- Dresser: Craigslist (DIY refinished -click here for tutorial)
- Changing Pad: Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
- Changing Pad Cover: Etsy (Modified Tot)
- "Apple of my Eye" Burlap Frame: Target
- Animal Alphabet Print: HelloBee.com
- Pegboard: Lowes
- Pegboard hooks: Amazon
- Pegboard baskets: Amazon
- Large Letter C: Consumer Crafts
- Crib: Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib
- Crib Bedding: Etsy (Modified Tot)
- Baby Animals Prints: The Animal Print Shop
- Crib Mobile: DIY
- Mobile Mechanism: Amazon
- Table Lamp: HomeGoods (spray painted)
- Shelves: IKEA hack using EKBY BJÄRNUM brackets (tutorial here)
- Silver train: Newbridge Silverware
- Frames: IKEA
- "Cian" chalkboard print: DIY (tutorial here)
- "Oh The Places You'll Go" Print: View From The Fridge
- Marquee Letter: Michaels
- Ceiling Light: IKEA
- Closet Unit: IKEA Expedit (now Kallax) with drawer insert
- Closet baskets: HomeGoods
- Baby Hangers: HomeGoods