It’s time to start thinking about decorating for the holidays! As much as I love a fresh garland, I like to enjoy my Christmas decor for as long as possible, and real greenery just doesn’t last as long as I need it to.
That, paired with the fact that I’d rather not have my 1 year old eating crispy pieces of cedar or pine needles, and faux is going to be the best choice for my holiday decorating plans.
Artificial garlands – and artificial Christmas trees – have come a long way from the shiny ribbony plastic we all grew up with. Faux garlands can be incredibly realistic and will last for years to come.
So get ready to deck the halls with these beautiful faux garlands!
18 of the Best Artificial Garlands For Holiday Decorating
I’m sharing a variety of garlands from mix greens, to all cedar and pine. Each garland has received great reviews and whichever one you choose, I know it will be the perfect touch to your Christmas decor.
Faux Pine Garlands
Real pine garlands are incredibly messy. As much as I love the look of fresh pine draping over a table, the pine needles are the just the worse to clean up. These artificial pine garlands will give you the look of beautiful draping pine, without the clean up!
1. Real Touch Norfolk Pine Garland: This is the one I’ve bought several times. I can not stress enough how beautiful it is! You can recreate the look below using 2 garland strands, but if you want a thicker look, you’ll need 4.
The look below, uses 4 Norfolk Pine garlands and 1 cedar garland along the top for a bit of texture and color variety.
Instead of a full cedar garland, adding a few stems of faux cedar greenery also works really well (plus they look really pretty in a vase!)
The Norfolk Pine garlands have already sold out in most stores, so if you find them still available, get them while you can because they don’t get restocked.
2. Hearth and Hand Needle Pine Garland: This line at Target has had some very realistic greenery ever since it launched a few years ago, and this garland is no exception. It’s the perfect touch to neutral decor, or if you just want a simple, no-fuss look this Christmas.
3. Pre-Lit Faux Pine Garland from Wayfair: It has excellent reviews and looks like it’s a good base garland. With a bit of fluffing, and some more realistic pine branches added in, you’ll have a lush garland for your mantel or staircase.
Mixed Greenery Garlands
- Pine and Eucalyptus Garland: This stunner features artificial pine, eucalyptus and pine cones to create an extra thick, modern Christmas garland. It’s available in a 6-foot length, making it perfect for your holiday table or staircase.
5.Pre-Lit Faux Eucalyptus and Pine Garland: New for 2022 from Pottery Barn is this stunning mixed greenery garland. This garland is lush with texture and comes pre-lit for that perfect soft glow over the mantel. It comes in 5-foot and 10-foot lengths, plus a matching wreath.
6. CB2’s Pre-Lit Faux Hemlock Garland:This is one of my favorite finds this year. I love the texture of the faux hemlock, and especially love that this one comes pre-lit! Plus, it’s battery operated so you don’t need to worry about cords draping down your mantel.
7.Real Touch Cedar and Hemlock: Thick, lush and with almost ALL 5 star reviews (and over 70,000 sales!) this cedar and hemlock garland is in stock and ready to ship. I own one of these and love it just as much as my Norfolk Pine!
8. Faux Cedar & Pine Garland: Another really thick garland that will look stunning draped over a mantel or down the length of a dining table for a really elegant holiday centerpiece. At 10 feet long, it’s a substantial garland that you can use throughout your home.
Faux Cedar Garlands
Cedar is definitely my go-to for holiday decorating, but finding realistic faux cedar can be a challenge. These garlands all have excellent reviews and will add a realistic touch to your holiday decor.
I like to use simple cedar garlands in my holiday decor because it is easy to change their look by adding in different picks, ribbon and even hanging ornaments from them.
9. Afloral Cedar Garland: This is another popular one in Instagram circles. It’s thick and high quality, as we have come to expect from Afloral!
I like to layer one of these on top of my Norfolk Pine garlands for a variation in color and texture.
10. Studio McGee For Target Juniper & Pine Garlad: This is a fan favorite for 2022.It has pretty blue juniper berries and the long needle pine adds great texture. With a super affordable price point, you can afford to get a few of these before they sell out!
11. Pottery Barn’s Artificial Cedar Garland: This is one of the fullest of the faux garlands that I’ve found. It’s more of an investment piece, but since it’s so lush, you won’t need to worry about filling it out with additional greenery or picks.
12. Needle Pine Garland: I love the texture these faux pine needles bring to this garland. Mix this 6-foot garland with another pine or cedar garland, or go for a more minimalistic look and use it alone. Either way, it will be the perfect addition to your holiday decor!
13. Terrain Cedar Garland: Several of these garlands were used by Erin of Sunny Side Up Blog to decorate her mantel. I don’t think I would have even realized that they’re not real! I own two of these garlands and can attest to their realism and quality. Highly recommend!
14. Faux Cedar Garlands from Frontgate : I own a similar Frontgate garland that I purchased almost 10 years ago and it still looks brand new to this day. It’s heavy and full, and all the lights still work!
Preserved & Fresh Garlands
Technically, these are real foliage but they are too stunning to not include on my list. Some are preserved and require zero maintenance, others are fresh and just require misting every few days to prolong their life span.
15. Preserved Boxwood Garland: Boxwood is the perfect way to segment into the holidays and still looks beautiful once the New Year rolls in. Add some festive picks for Christmas to this 6-foot garland and then remove them for simple wintertime decor!
16. Fresh Bay Leaf & Pepperberry Garland: If you’re looking for something stunning for your front door, mantel or staircase, this bay leaf and pepperberry garland is definitely the winner. Doesn’t it just scream Christmas?!
17. Pottery Barn’s Fresh Winter Garland: Simple but absolutely stunning. This winter collection garland will transition it into your after-Christmas decor, too!
18. Fresh Eucalyptus Garland: This eucalyptus garland is absolutely breathtaking and a huge seller every year. You can mist it or allow it to dry out naturally. Since these are custom made, they will sell out quickly.
Are you ready to embrace the world of faux greenery for the holidays? I can’t wait to see how you use these garlands to decorating your home!
Now that you’ve picked your garland for your mantel, be sure to watch the video below that I shared on Instagram that will show you exactly how I hang mine above my fireplace for a beautiful look!