It's time to start thinking about decorating for the holidays! As much as I love a fresh garland, I like to enjoy my Christmas decor for as long as possible, and real greenery just doesn't last as long as I need it to. That, paired with the fact that I'd rather not have my 1 year old eating crispy pieces of cedar or pine needles, and faux is going to be the best choice for my holiday decorating plans.
Artificial garlands - and artificial Christmas trees - have come a long way from the shiny ribbony plastic we all grew up with. Faux garlands can be incredibly realistic and will last for years to come.
So get ready to deck the halls with these beautiful faux garlands!
17 of the Best Artificial Garlands For Holiday Decorating
I'm sharing a variety of garlands from mix greens, to all cedar and pine. Each garland has received great reviews and whichever one you choose, I know it will be the perfect touch to your Christmas decor.
Faux Pine Garlands
Real pine garlands are incredibly messy. As much as I love the look of fresh pine draping over a table, the pine needles are the just the worse to clean up. These artificial pine garlands will give you the look of beautiful draping pine, without the clean up!
1. Real Touch Norfolk Pine Garland: This is the one I've bought several times. I can not stress enough how beautiful it is!
2. Hearth and Hand Pine Garland: This line at Target has had some very realistic greenery ever since it launched a few years ago, and this garland is no exception. It's the perfect touch to neutral decor, or if you just want a simple, no-fuss look this Christmas.
Mixed Greenery Garlands
5. Balsam Hill's Winter Eucalyptus Garland: Balsam Hill is known for their incredibly realistic Christmas trees, but their garlands and wreaths are just as impressive. This garland is lush with artificial greenery and pinecones and comes pre-lit for that perfect soft glow over the mantel.
6. CB2's Pre-Lit Faux Hemlock Garland:This is one of my favorite finds this year. I love the texture of the faux hemlock, and especially love that this one comes pre-lit! Plus, it's battery operated so you don't need to worry about cords draping down your mantel.
7.Real Touch Cedar and Hemlock: Thick, lush and with almost ALL 5 star reviews (and over 70,000 sales!) this cedar and hemlock garland is in stock and ready to ship. I own one of these and love it just as much as my Norfolk Pine!
Faux Cedar Garlands
Cedar is definitely my go-to for holiday decorating, but finding realistic faux cedar can be a challenge. These garlands all have excellent reviews and will add a realistic touch to your holiday decor.
I like to use simple cedar garlands in my holiday decor because it is easy to change their look by adding in different picks, ribbon and even hanging ornaments from them.
8. Afloral Cedar Garland: This is another popular one in Instagram circles. It's thick and high quality, as we have come to expect from Afloral!
9. McGee & Co Woodland Cedar and Pine Garland: This is a fan favorite. It's quite realistic looking and comes pre-lit.
10. Pottery Barn's Artificial Cedar Garland: This is one of the fullest of the faux garlands that I've found. It's more of an investment piece, but since it's so lush, you won't need to worry about filling it out with additional greenery or picks.
11. Needle Pine Garland: I love the texture these faux pine needles bring to this garland. Mix this 6-foot garland with another pine or cedar garland, or go for a more minimalistic look and use it alone. Either way, it will be the perfect addition to your holiday decor!
13. Faux Cedar Garlands from Frontgate : I own a similar Frontgate garland that I purchased almost 10 years ago and it still looks brand new to this day. It's heavy and full, and all the lights still work!
Preserved & Fresh Garlands
Technically, these are real foliage. However, because they are preserved they will last for months on end. If you are looking for a realistic look without the maintenance and mess of a fresh garland, the preserved variety may be a good option for you.
14. Preserved Boxwood Garland: Boxwood is the perfect way to segment into the holidays and still looks beautiful once the New Year rolls in. Add some festive picks for Christmas to this 6-foot garland and then remove them for simple wintertime decor!
15. Williams Sonoma's Magnolia Garland: If you're looking for something stunning for your front door, mantel or staircase, this Magnolia garland is definitely the winner.
16. Pottery Barn's Fresh Olive Leaf and Myrtle Garland: I bought this one year and loved it. It smells great and will last up to a year, so you can trnsition it into your after-Christmas decor, too!
17. Fresh Eucalyptus Garland: This eucalyptus garland is not preserved, and is in fact a really stunning fresh wreath, but it was just too pretty to leave of the list! And eucalyptus lasts really well as long as you mist it every few days!
Are you ready to embrace the world of faux greenery for the holidays? I can't wait to see how you use these garlands to decorating your home!
More Holiday Decorating Ideas
- 14 Of The Best Artificial Christmas Trees in 2022
- Blue Christmas Decorating Ideas
- How to Fluff an Artificial Christmas Tree
- Christmas Tree Ideas 2022
- Minimalist Christmas Decor Ideas That Aren't Scandinavian
- Simple DIY Christmas Window Box
- Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- How to Transition From Christmas To Winter Decor