Add coziness to your couch or bedroom with this easy to make DIY pom pom throw pillow cover. Not only does it look fun but it adds the perfect amount of texture to your winter decorating efforts.
You guys, this my absolute favorite throw pillow right now! It adds so much texture to my coach, it’s super fun and the best part is that it took me 15 minutes to make!!
*Posts on JennaKatetatHome.com may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure HERE*
- Plain throw pillow covers (I used these ones – both the quality & price are great)
- Pom Poms (These are the exact ones I used but these are another option although a bit smaller)
Want More Winter Decorating Ideas?
- How to Transition From Christmas to Winter Decor
- How to Keep Your Living Room Cozy in Winter
- Simple Winter Table Decor
How to Make the Pom Pom Throw Pillow Cover
- Figure out how you want your pom poms spaced on your pillow cover. I chose to alternate a row of 4 with a row of 3.
- To attach the pom poms you have 2 choices – glue them on with fabric glue or a mini glue gun or sew them on. I chose the lazy route and just hot glued them on. But then my toddler got his hands on them and messed it up a bit so I went back and added a stitch to each one to make them secure. BUT if you don’t have kids that will pull at them, glueing is just fine! They were pretty secure on there.
- Stuff an insert into the pillow and call it a day! Tip: for an 18 x 18 cover use a 20 x 20 insert to create a fuller look
So easy but so beautiful! This is definitely a DIY project that anyone can do and even if you end up stitching on each pom pom, it won’t take you very long!
Doesn’t it add the perfect amount of texture? There’s something about texture in winter that I absolutely adore and I think it goes a really long way to keeping a space cozy.
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this stupidly easy tutorial and that you’ll make some of these pretty pillows for you own home! If you do, please share them with me on Instagram and I’d be happy to reshare with all my followers!